Thursday, February 3, 2022

Snowmageddon 2022

The midwest has not had much snow this year. The predictions started coming in last week that we would get hit with a lot of snow this week. Tuesday, around 2:30 p.m., the County decided to close on Wednesday due to the impending snow. My office then followed suit and notified us that we too, would be closed on Wednesday. I had to finish up everything I had planned to do on Wednesday at work before being off for surgery. That was a success! I actually thought I'd be working late. 

Yesterday evening, I got a call from a local number. I answered only because I wasn't sure if someone I knew had gotten stuck in the snow or in an accident and was using a different phone. It was some guy wanting to know if I wanted to sell my house. Anyone else getting these calls or texts? I get text messages all the time asking what my plans are with my house. Got one today in fact. How the hell do they get my cell phone number? My phone rang again at about 7:20 p.m. I didn't answer it because I figured it was someone else calling about buying my house. Voice mail notification went off. It was the hospital calling to tell me my surgery for today was canceled because the county I live in went under a warning travel advisory. Meaning that only emergency personnel on the roads.

So much preparation went into my surgery. I had to have labs done which I'll probably have to redo for the anesthesiologist. Notifying everyone at work that I would be off including co-workers, opposing counsel, and most importantly clients. I sent me legal assistant a very detailed email with the status on cases and what I needed her to help with while I was out. Had to check-in with my boss to make sure he had what he needed. I just wanted to make sure I did everything I could to make it easier for others while I would be out. 

Yesterday, I spent the day cleaning bathrooms, mopping, washed all of my bedding, and other odds and ends things around the house. Earlier in the week, I made sure I stocked up on stuff I would need at home like cat food, coffee creamer (most important), and prescriptions. I coordinated with family who would take me to the hospital. I was having one of my nieces stay with me the first night. My dad made me the biggest batch of potato soup. A girl at work made me oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. Both of which I'll be freezing for when I do have surgery. 

Most importantly throughout all of this prepping, was my mental state. I wanted to get this done so I could feel better and not be in pain. 

The county was still under a warning advisory for traveling until 3:00 p.m. today. The doctor's office should be back open tomorrow. If they don't reach out to me, I'll call and see how soon I can get the surgery rescheduled. Fingers crossed it's soon! I don't want to be healing when it's nice outside and wanting to be at the beach. 

I'm not sure how much snow we've gotten at this point. If I had to guess it is 8-10 inches. 

Picture of my backyard.


No comments: